On this blog

Monday, December 23, 2013

Holiday Best Wishes





I am sending this quick note wish to wish everyone all the best.  Over the past year or so I've met so many fascinating, enjoyable and good people, it is only fitting to share good wishes at this time.
 
It's funny how time seems to telescope as you get older.  My family celebrates Christmas.  I can remember how the month of December seemed to simply crawl by.  I would sneak down to the living room and look at the tree to see if maybe - just maybe - Santa might have misread his calendar.
 
Christmas eve, we left cookies and milk for Santa and a carrot for his reindeer.  Santa always wrote a thank-you note.  His handwriting was a lot like Dad's. 

I'd go to bed, certain that I was going to stay awake.  I always fell asleep.  Once or twice a blanket that I knew had been folded at the foot of my bed was spread over me.  Obviously, my guardian angel had taken a hand in things.  (Now I realize that I wasn't far wrong.  I'll be visiting that particular angel over New Year's while my sister stays with her over Christmas.)

When the 25th finally dragged around, half the fun was watching my family open the gifts I got them, even as I tore into those I received, myself.  My mother advises me that she isn't sure why Santa didn't give me sticks and coal on one or two occasions.

Off to church, singing songs, enjoying the weather, just...happy.  And, looking back, I don't think the presents had all that much to do with the happiness.

They still don't.

I wish everyone a happy Christmas, if you celebrate it, and a happy December 25th if you don't.  I hope 2014 is peaceful, prosperous and full of health and heartsease.

Raising a joyful noise...   Well, at least raising NOISE!

Did I leave anything out?  Oh yes - laughter.  Here is some, with my compliments.  I cobbled it together from a photo I saved and a vintage card.  From me to you: smile!





2 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas! I hope you have a wonderful holiday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome post. You're so right about what's important about Christmas, and I chuckled at the picture.

    Happy Christmas and best of luck for 2014. X

    shahwharton.com

    ReplyDelete